Visit Santa Cruz County has announced the election of new members to its board of directors. Each member took office on July 1 and will serve on the 25-member board of directors for a two-year term.
The new members of the board of directors are:
• Foster Andersen, President – Shared Adventures: Following a motorcycle accident that partially cut his spine, Andersen started using a wheelchair at the age of 17. While attending the University of Rochester Institute of Technology as a manufacturing engineer, Andersen joined a whole new “for people with spinal cord injuries and embraced the idea of delivering extreme adventures. people with disabilities. Andersen moved to Berkeley in 1987 to further expand his outdoor adventures with the Bay Area Awareness and Recreation Program and Environmental Travel Companion. Andersen arrived in Santa Cruz in 1990 to provide support to the community in the aftermath of the Loma Prieta earthquake and created Shared Adventures in 1992. Since its inception, Shared Adventures has served the disabled population of the Central Coast and the Bay Area through life enhancement and confidence building opportunities.
• Josh Belcher, General Manager – Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley Hilton: Belcher was born and raised in Waynesville, Missouri, and enlisted in the US Navy after high school. He completed two overseas duty periods on the aircraft carrier USS Constellation. After joining the Navy, he built a career over the past 24 years in hospitality starting at the Tan-Tar-A Resort on the shores of Lake of the Ozarks in Osage Beach, Missouri. For the past eight years, Belcher has worked for Remington Hotel Property Management Group, holding executive positions at properties in New Mexico, Texas and Indiana. In August 2020, he came to Santa Cruz to serve as General Manager of the Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley Hilton.
• Mike Harris, Vice President – Ledgestone Hospitality / Hampton Inn – Watsonville: Harris grew up in hospitality positions in Texas before becoming General Manager at 19. At 23, he had bought three hotels. Harris then formed a consulting firm and, for over a decade, assisted many of the nation’s top hotel management companies with their sales efforts. He resumed his activities in 1997 and was appointed regional director of a national hotel brand management division. In this capacity, he was able to open and oversee the operations of a Hampton by Hilton, Holiday Inn, Marriott and many AmericInns, while helping to create a luxury four diamond property in Paso Robles. In 2009, he joined Ledgestone Hospitality where he is currently Vice President and Partner overseeing the management of 30 hotels from Wisconsin to California.
• Ashley Miller of Scotts Valley has been named to the Dean’s List for the 2021 Spring Semester at Emerson College in Boston.
• Mason Escalante, of Santa Cruz, has been named to the Dean’s List for the 2021 spring semester at Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois.
• Matthew Olson of Scotts Valley has been named to the Dean’s List for the 2021 Spring Semester at Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois.
• Spencer Lopp, of Los Gatos, has been named to the Dean’s List for the spring semester 2021 at the Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, New York.
Do you have a story to tell, an event to report, a prize to announce? Say the name while dropping. Email [email protected] The Name Drop is posted on Sundays and Mondays in Sentinel.